My Grief Angels
Prior to My Grief Angels, JD was an Executive with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
who oversaw the management, turnaround and growth of poor urban areas.
His strong commitment to helping children in poor urban communities thru Scouting
enabled him to engage with and recruit the support of their
families, teachers, religious leaders and political leaders in bringing the
wonders of Scouting to the inner city.
During his tenure at BSA, he received numerous commendations for his
work and achievements in these poor urban communities.
At BSA, JD also managed one of the country's
largest yearly event of Boy Scouts in the Houston, Texas area.
He is Entrepreneur, and
a retired Decorated Law Enforcement Professional who served his community as both a
Detective, Investigator and a Police Officer since the age of 20.
He received his Bachelor from California's University of La Verne.
If you are interested in volunteering your efforts with us whether online or at events, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org & write "Volunteer" on the subject line.
This site is and will always be free to anyone, anywhere at anytime.
You do not need to donate anything to access or use this site.
Only if you are financially able to and want to help fund some of the projects we are working on,
You can donate thru the buttons below in your currency and/or cryptocurrencies;
your employer matching gifts program and/or
thru each of your Amazon Smile Purchases
Co-founders of My Grief Angels
My Grief Angels' ("MGA") mission is to help each of us grieving to help ourselves by leveraging the power of technology to access the latest grief research, education, resources and community-building tools thru:
- Free Online Course ("Grief MOOC") on Grief and How it Can Kill Us: What are the Different types of grief; What are the Latest Research/Theories on the Grieving Process, How can Grief Impact on our Health, How have the Millions of Others Who have Grieved before us Coped with Their Loss & Grief Attacks, How can Social Media Impact our Grief, How can New Technologies like Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Cloning and others Impact our Grief in the Future, and How Are People Experiencing One of the Worst Times of their Lives Creating "Good from Grief"?
- Free Proximity-Based Mobile Apps ("Virtual Grief Support; Good From Grief, and Pet Loss") to help each of us create our own local grief support communities of families, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and others. In 2013, MGA launched the first proximity-based online grief support mobile app, "Grief Support Network", to enable users to form their own local 24/7 communities of grief support, and that original award-winning free mobile app (now replaced with the latest app "Virtual Grief Support") became one of the fastest growing grief support apps on iTunes & Google Play. While other apps were developed with grants in excess of a million dollars - the My Grief Angels' apps have all been developed with the great effort; passion and commitment of nationwide virtual volunteers.
- Free Online Forums by Types of Loss;
- Books at Cost ("Good from Grief");
- Online Directories of Grief Support Resources by Type of Loss Experienced;
- Online Grief Surveys and Research Findings,
Each of us involved in the development of My Grief Angels has grieved in our own way, but in all cases, we were fortunate to have grief angels all around us who helped us navigate this process that we thought we could never get thru, and our hope is that the information, resources and online community you find here can be of some help to others.
My Grief Angels, Inc - www.MyGriefAngels.org ("MGA") is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit online grief support & education organization for and by people grieving.
Donate Thru Paypal
Donate Thru My Grief Angels' DonorBox
With your access and use of the MyGriefAngels.org site, COVID19 Dedicated GriefSupportOnline.com site, the Twitter.com/MyGriefAngels feed and/or any of these sites’ information, education, community shared postings, apps, resource directory and any other content
I agree and approve of and to
all the following statements and release of liability:
The content of this website is for informational purposes only. It is either provided by My Grief Angels (MY GRIEF ANGELS) or its representatives directly, or shared by MY GRIEF ANGELS’s participants. While MY GRIEF ANGELS endeavors to keep the content up to date and correct, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will MY GRIEF ANGELS be liable for any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website, and any of the site’s content, information, resources, links, education, services, products, and/or any other materials shared on them.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites; MY GRIEF ANGELS has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MY GRIEF ANGELS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond its control.
If you disagree with any of these disclaimers and total liability release statements,
you will need to exit the sites and/or any of its resources and information provided here
immediately. Thank You.
Why My Grief Angels?
Our family experienced the unexpected traumatic loss of our mother - which then sent our father and her husband of 58 years into shock; PTSD, and the accelerated onset of dementia within weeks after our loss. Dad went on a steep decline that put him under 24/7 Care at their home and no longer able to walk until his passing three years after her death.
While we were fortunate to have been educated at some of the world's top universities, we felt like the most uneducated people in the world when it came to dealing with grief, and how rapidly grief impacted our father and his health.
Our hope is that My Grief Angels' efforts may help at least 1 other person or family who may be facing grief as unprepared as we did.
If we could, we would like to provide anyone grieving anywhere around the world with "free" 24/7 professional online/text/chat-based grief support by trained and licensed grief counselors in any language.
We also hope to expand the number of peer-led Virtual Grief Support Groups Per Type of Loss Experienced and the number of languages they are offered in.
These and other projects in development are an expensive undertaking, but with the great support of many volunteers - we keep researching, and evaluating innovative ways of making this dream possible.
If you believe in the need for this,
and ONLY if you can afford to support that initiative,
you can do so thru the online giving sites below.
Copyright © My Grief Angels - A Social & Human Services 501 (c)(3) Public Non Profit Organization. All rights reserved.