My Grief Angels
Prior to My Grief Angels, JD was an Executive with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) who oversaw the management, turnaround and growth of poor urban areas. His strong commitment to helping children in poor urban communities thru Scouting enabled him to engage with and recruit the support of their families, teachers, religious leaders and political leaders in bringing the wonders of Scouting to the inner city. During his tenure at BSA, he received numerous commendations for his work and achievements in these poor urban communities. At BSA, JD also managed one of the country's largest yearly event of Boy Scouts in the Houston, Texas area. He is Entrepreneur, and a retired Decorated Law Enforcement Professional who served his community as both a Detective, Investigator and a Police Officer since the age of 20. He received his Bachelor from California's University of La Verne which U.S. News & World Report has ranked as No. 2 among the nation’s over-performing universities for the second consecutive year.
If you are interested in volunteering your efforts with us whether online or at events, please email us: email@example.com & write "Volunteer" on the subject line.
This site is and will always be free to anyone, anywhere at anytime.
You do not need to donate anything to access or use this site.
Only if you are financially able to and want to help fund some of the projects we are working on,
You can donate thru the button below; your employer matching gifts program and Amazon Smile
Co-founders of My Grief Angels
My Grief Angels' ("MGA") mission is to help each of us grieving to help ourselves by leveraging the power of technology to access the latest grief research, education, resources and community-building tools thru:
- Free Online Course ("Grief MOOC") on Grief and How it Can Kill Us: What are the Different types of grief; What are the Latest Research/Theories on the Grieving Process, How can Grief Impact on our Health, How have the Millions of Others Who have Grieved before us Coped with Their Loss & Grief Attacks, How can Social Media Impact our Grief, How can New Technologies like Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Cloning and others Impact our Grief in the Future, and How Are People Experiencing One of the Worst Times of their Lives Creating "Good from Grief"?
- Free Proximity-Based Mobile Apps ("Grief Support Network") to help each of us create our own local grief support communities of families, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and others. MGA launched the first proximity-based online grief support mobile app, "Grief Support Network", to enable users to form their own local 24/7 communities of grief support. The recently launched free mobile app is now one of the fastest growing grief support apps on iTunes & Google Play.
- Free Online Forums by Types of Loss;
- Books at Cost ("Good from Grief");
- Online Directories of Grief Support Resources by Type of Loss Experienced;
- Online Grief Surveys and Research Findings,
MGA launched the first proximity-based online grief support mobile app, "Grief Support Network", to enable users to form their own local 24/7 communities of grief support. The recently launched free mobile app is now one of the fastest growing grief support apps on iTunes & Google Play.
My Grief Angels is an interest-based community network and Mobile App that enables each of us who has lost a loved one to join a mobile village of people grieving or who have grieved to make sure no one who is grieving is ever alone; regardless of where they find themselves in this world.
Each of us involved in the development of My Grief Angels has grieved in our own way, but in all cases, we were fortunate to have grief angels all around us who helped us navigate this process that we thought we could never get thru.
My Grief Angels, Inc - www.MyGriefAngels.org ("MGA") is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit online grief support & education organization for and by people grieving.
Why My Grief Angels?
Our family experienced the unexpected traumatic loss of our mother - which then sent our father and her husband of 58 years into shock; PTSD, and the accelerated onset of dementia within weeks after our loss. Dad went on a steep decline that put him under 24/7 Care at their home and no longer able to walk until his passing three years after her death.
While we were fortunate to have been educated at some of the world's top universities, we felt like the most uneducated people in the world when it came to dealing with grief, and how rapidly grief impacted our father and his health.
Our hope is that My Grief Angels' efforts may help at least 1 other person or family who may be facing grief as unprepared as we did.
If we could, we would like to provide anyone grieving anywhere around the world with "free" 24/7 professional online/text/chat-based grief support by trained and licensed grief counselors in any language.
This is an expensive undertaking, but we keep researching, and evaluating innovative ways of making this dream possible.
If you believe in the need for this, and ONLY if you can afford to support that initiative, you can do so thru the online giving sites below.
Copyright © My Grief Angels. All rights reserved.